Best Time To Visit Manali For Snowfall: If you’re looking for an amazing snowfall experience, Manali is the place to be! From December to February is the time of year when Manali experiences the most snow, making it a favorite destination for honeymooners and adventure enthusiasts alike. As temperatures fall below freezing, Manali becomes a paradise on earth with its snow-clad surroundings. While tourists come to Manali year-round, the monsoon season (July to August) is low due to landslides and land obstructions. If you’re looking to enjoy some beautiful scenery and experience some good old-fashioned winter weather, Manali is the place for you!
- Manali gets crowded during the winter months, so if you’re looking for a more peaceful experience, it’s best to stay away from the main town.
- Rohtang Pass is one of the most beautiful spots in Manali during the winter, but it also tends to be one of the most crowded places.
- Solang Valley is another place that gets pretty packed with tourists during the winter. If you’re looking for a more secluded experience, it’s best to explore some of Manali’s other, less well-known valleys.
- Manali is still an incredibly beautiful place to visit during the winter months-just be sure to avoid the crowds if that’s what you’re looking for!
Introduction to Manali
Manali is a beautiful hill station in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated in the Beas River Valley and is surrounded by snow-capped mountains. Manali is a popular tourist destination and people from all over the world come here to experience its natural beauty.
The best time to visit Manali for snowfall experience is from December to February. This is when the weather is cold and the chances of getting snow are high. If you want to enjoy your vacation without any hassle, then this is the best time to visit Manali.
There are many things that you can do in Manali during your snowfall experience vacation. You can go for walks in the woods, adventures in snow, play in the snow, go for a sled ride, or just relax in your hotel room and enjoy the view. Manali has something for everyone, and you are sure to have a great time here.
So, what are you waiting for? Plan your trip to Manali now and enjoy the best snowfall experience of your life!
Check Out : 10 Best Trekking Places to Explore In & Around Manali
How is Manali’s weather in December?
Manali’s weather in December is cool and pleasant, with an average temperature of 0-5 degrees Celsius. This is the perfect time to visit Manali if you want to experience the snowfall. The snow starts falling in Manali in the month of December and continues till February. So, if you are planning to visit Manali for snowfall, December & January would be the best time.
Why is December The Best Time to Visit Manali?
December is the best time to visit Manali because of the cool and pleasant weather. This is also the month when the snow starts falling in Manali and continues till February. So, if you want to experience the snowfall, December would be the best time to visit Manali.
Manali is a beautiful place to visit, and the snowfall makes it even more magical. If you are planning to visit Manali, do keep in mind that December would be the best time to experience the snowfall.
How to Reach Manali?
Manali is a very popular tourist destination in India and is well-connected to the rest of the country by air, rail, and road.
Fly: The best way to reach Manali is by taking a direct flight from Delhi to Bhuntar airport, which is around 50 km from manali.
Rail: You can also take a train from Delhi to Manali railway station, which takes about 12 hours.
Driving: If you are driving from Delhi, it will take you about 12 hours to reach Manali via NH 44.
The Best Time To Visit Manali For Snowfall Experience
If you are planning a Manali trip to witness the snowfall, the best time to visit Manali is between the months of December and February. These are the peak winter months in Manali when the temperatures drop significantly and the town is blanketed in a thick layer of snow.
Apart from enjoying the snowfall, you can also indulge in a number of winter activities such as skiing, sledding, and snow tubing. The Solang Valley near Manali is a popular destination for these activities. If you are visiting Manali during this time, make sure to carry warm clothes as the temperature can go below zero degrees Celsius at night.
Places to Visit in Manali During Snowfall
If you are planning a trip to Manali, make sure to include these top places in your itinerary:
- Rohtang Pass: Situated at an altitude of 3979 m, Rohtang Pass is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Manali. It is also known as the gateway to the Lahaul and Spiti Valleys.
- Solang Valley: Solang Valley is a picturesque spot located at a distance of 13 km from Manali. It offers breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains and is a popular destination for skiing and paragliding.
- Beas River: The Beas River flows through the town of Manali and is one of the main attractions here. You can enjoy rafting or fishing in the river, or simply take a walk alongside it to soak in the stunning natural scenery.
- Hadimba Temple: Hidimba Temple is an ancient shrine dedicated to Goddess Hidimba, wife of Bhima, from the Mahabharata. The temple is set amidst lush green forests and has a unique architecture.
- Manali Mall Road: Manali Mall Road is the main shopping street in Manali and is a great place to pick up souvenirs and local handicrafts. You will also find several restaurants and cafes here.
- Tibetan Monasteries: There are three Tibetan monasteries in Manali, namely, Gadhan Thekchhokling Gompa, Himalayan Nyingmapa Gompa, and Manjushree Gompa. These monasteries offer a glimpse into the religious practices of Tibetan Buddhists.
- Atal Tunnel: Atal Tunnel is the third longest road tunnel in Asia. It is also one of the most spectacularly located road tunnels in the world. The Atal Tunnel is situated on the Manali-Leh Highway in Himachal Pradesh, India. The tunnel is 9 km (5.6 miles) long and it passes through the high mountains of the Himalayas. https://www.instagram.com/p/CQvADVtpeGe/
- Exploring Sissu Valley: The valley is surrounded by high mountains a major tourist attraction at the end of Atal Tunnel. The Sissu Valley is a great place for hiking and camping, and is becoming increasingly popular with tourists.
- Sethan Village – Offbeat Place Near Manali : Nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, Sethan Village is an offbeat place near Manali that offers stunning views of the snow-capped mountains and pristine valleys. The village is home to a small community of farmers who grow apples, apricots, and other fruits and vegetables.
These are some of the best places to visit in Manali for snowfall experience. If you are planning to visit Manali for a snowfall experience, then make sure to pack your woolens and winter clothes. Don’t forget to carry your camera to capture the beautiful landscapes covered in snow.
Places to Avoid Visiting During Snowfall in Manali:
If you’re looking to avoid the crowds during your Manali trip, there are a few places you should steer clear of.
- The main town of Manali is, unsurprisingly, one of the most popular spots to visit during the winter months, so if you’re looking for a more peaceful experience, it’s best to stay away from here.
- Another place to avoid if you are a first-time traveler is Rohtang Pass while it’s undeniably stunning when blanketed in snow, it’s also one of the most crowded places in Manali during peak season. If you can’t stand large groups of people, it’s best to give this spot a miss.
- Finally, Solang Valley is another place that tends to get pretty packed with tourists during the winter. If you’re looking for a more secluded experience, it’s best to explore some of Manali’s other, less well-known valleys.
- The roads to Manali tend to get very slippery and dangerous during snowfall. If you’re not an experienced driver, it’s best to avoid visiting Manali during this time.
So there you have it, places to avoid during your Manali snowfall experience! What are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!
Things to Do at Manali During Snowfall
If you are visiting Manali for the first time and want to make the most of your trip, here are some things that you can do during your stay:
- Go skiing or snowboarding at Solang Valley: Solang Valley is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Manali. It is also a great place for adventure lovers as it offers various activities like skiing, snowboarding, zorbing, and paragliding.
- Visit Rohtang Pass: Rohtang Pass is a high mountain pass that connects Manali to Lahaul and Spiti Valley. It is one of the most scenic places in Manali and is perfect for photography enthusiasts. (Keep in mind, if you have no one to accompany you or are a first-time traveler, be careful with this place.
- Enjoy the views from Hadimba Temple: Hadimba Temple is one of the most popular temples in Manali. It is situated at an altitude of 1550 m and offers a stunning view of the valley.
- Take a cable car ride to Rohtang Pass: Rohtang Pass is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Manali. It is also a great place for adventure lovers as it offers various activities like skiing, snowboarding, zorbing, and paragliding.
- Visit Solang Valley: Solang Valley is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Manali. It is also a great place for adventure lovers as it offers various activities like skiing, snowboarding, zorbing, and paragliding.
- Go for a nature walk in Vashisht Village: Vashisht Village is a beautiful village located just outside Manali. It is known for its hot springs and has some amazing views of the valley.
- Visit Manu Temple: Manu Temple is one of the oldest temples in Manali. It is dedicated to Lord Manu, who is believed to be the creator of mankind.
- Enjoy the snow at Rohtang Pass: Rohtang Pass is one of the best places to enjoy the snowfall in Manali. It is situated at an altitude of 3979 m and offers a breathtaking view of the Himalayas.
- Igloo Stay & Winter Sports at Sethan Village: If you’re looking for a winter wonderland adventure, look no further than Sethan Valley in Manali. This stunning mountain valley is home to some of the best ski slopes and igloo stays in India. Visitors can enjoy winter sports such as skiing, snowboarding & other winter sports here. So if you’re looking for an unforgettable winter getaway, be sure to check out Sethan Valley in Manali!
So, these are some of the best things to do in Manali during snowfall. If you are planning a trip to Manali, make sure you include these activities in your itinerary. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed!
Tips For Traveling To Manali During Snowfall:
If you’re planning a trip to Manali during the winter months, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- The first is that Manali is a very popular destination, so booking your accommodation and transportation well in advance is essential.
- Secondly, while the snowfall can be beautiful, it can also make travel difficult.
- Be sure to check local weather conditions before heading out, and pack appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Finally, remember that Manali is at a high altitude, so if you’re not used to the thinner air, take it easy and give yourself time to adjust.
By following these tips, you’re sure to have a wonderful time in Manali no matter what the weather brings!
So, December to February is Best Time To Visit Manali For Snowfall Experience. We hope you find this post helpful and that it will help you plan your trip accordingly. Do let us know in the comments below if you have any other questions or suggestions. And, as always, happy travels!